High blood pressure is a common condition that affects the body’s arteries. It is also called hypertension. If you have high blood pressure, the force of the blood pushing against the artery walls is consistently too high. The heart has to work harder to pump blood. Blood pressure is measured in millimeters of mercury. The best neurosurgeon in ludhiana can help you with the problem of high blood pressure.
What is the definition of high blood pressure?
High blood pressure is when the force of blood pushes against the walls of the artery, and it is consistently very high. It damages your arteries over time, and it can lead to serious complications such as heart attack and stroke. The medical term for high blood pressure is hypertension. There are different types of hypertension.
Difference between primary and secondary hypertension.
- Primary hypertension: It is also known as the essential hypertension. For most of the adults, there is no identifiable cause of high blood pressure. This type of high blood pressure is called primary hypertension and essential hypertension. It tends to develop gradually over many years. Plaque buildup in the arteries, called atherosclerosis increases the risk of high blood pressure.
- Secondary hypertension: This type of high blood pressure is caused by an underlying condition. It tends to appear suddenly and cause higher blood pressure than does primary hypertension.
Different types of high blood pressure
Hypertension has different types as follows:
- White coat hypertension: Your BP is normal at home but elevated in healthcare.
- Masked hypertension: Your BP is expected in healthcare but elevated at home.
- Sustained hypertension: Your BP is elevated in healthcare settings and at home.
- Nocturnal hypertension: Your BP goes up when you sleep.
What are the causes of high blood pressure?
There are several reasons that are responsible for high blood pressure.
- Adrenal gland tumors
- Blood vessel problems present at birth, also called congenital heart defects
- Cough and cold medicines, some pain relievers, birth control pills, and other prescription drugs
- Illegal drugs, such as cocaine and amphetamines
- Kidney disease
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Thyroid problems
Symptoms of high blood pressure.
There are different symptoms people experience during high blood pressure.
- Heart problems
- Nose Bleeding
- Heart palpitation.
What are the treatment plans for hypertension?
There are different types of treatment plans the doctors suggest according to the condition of the patient.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme: The inhibitors block the production of the angiotensin II hormone, which the body naturally uses to manage blood pressure. When the medicine blocks angiotensin, your blood vessels don’t narrow.
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers: It blocks this same hormone from binding with receptors in the blood vessels. ARBs work the same way as ACE inhibitors to keep blood vessels from narrowing.
- Calcium channels: Calcium channel blockers prevent calcium from entering the muscle cells of your heart and blood vessels, allowing these vessels to relax.
- Diuretics: It is a water or fluid pill that flushes excess sodium from your body, reducing the amount of fluid in your blood. People often take diuretics with other high blood pressure medicines, sometimes in one combined pill.
In this modern era, people are suffering from different problems related to the different parts of the body, including neuron issues. The best Neurologist in Punjab at Neuro Life Brain & Spine Centre offers proper treatment and satisfying results.