Spinal fusion surgery
Spinal fusion surgery is one of the most effective surgical procedures addressing chronic pain from a herniated disk, accident, arthritis, scoliosis, and back injury. What’s important is that you undergo the entire process under the supervision of one of the best spine doctor in Ludhiana. The doctor suggests the procedure that makes it all effective to offer spinal stability and strength.
The spinal fusion surgery recovery timeline depends on how well you care for yourself. Indeed, factors like lifestyle, age, and overall health should be given prime importance to seek the necessary results.
Spinal fusion surgery: Recovery guideline
Right after surgery
You must select one of the Best Neurology Hospital in Punjab to seek the necessary benefits and be in a position to make an informed call. Your spine surgeon will tell you, ‘Do you need to stay in the hospital after surgery?’ The doctor will suggest some medications to reduce the surgery’s pain and discomfort. Make sure to keep account of all the given things:
- Take rest for 2 hours
- For pain, apply an ice pack and heat wrap for at least 15 minutes
- Walking gently because putting stress on your body won’t benefit you in any sense
- Do not try to bend or twist
- Have someone by your side to assist you
1 to 4 weeks after surgery
- Gentle movements are the key to better results for strengthening the back muscles
- Try to walk frequently
- Sleep in reclined position because it’s one of the most comfortable positions
- Make sure to do the exercises that are suggested to you by your physical therapist.
1 to 3 months after surgery
- When the fused section has started to grow, you still have to be careful and take medical assistance from the doctor. Even at this point, do not twist the spine, lift anything heavy, and do not bend
- Walk as suggested by the doctor as it helps you to gain strength and boost your cardiovascular health.
- Talk to the doctor about when you can begin driving, cycling, or doing other possible activities.
3 to 6 months after surgery
- Almost after three months, the body can regain the desired muscle strength, body movement, and muscle tone.
- Ensure you do not neglect the proper exercise and rest regime to help your body heal like normal. If you are unsure which type of exercise regime to follow, take assistance from the physical therapist.
6 to 12 months after surgery
- On average, the patients can recover within eight months. But, you still need to be prompt in getting medical attention and ensure everything is successful.
- If you have been involved in a high-strenuous regime before surgery, talk to the spine surgeon if it’s right for you to put this pressure on yourself.
Be mindful and follow the recovery process according to what the spine surgeon has told you. For further information, schedule an initial consultation at Neuro Life Brain and Spine Centre.