Aneurysm Coiling Treatment
Aneurysm coiling is the artery wall that supplies blood to the brain. The problem can be a congenital defect or can occur due to aortic disease and artery injury. The treatment for aneurysm coiling includes 2 essential options:
- Clipping through open surgery
- Coiling with endovascular therapy
The doctor prefers the Aneurysm coiling Treatment in Ludhiana through coiling over clipping because it’s an invasive method. Moreover, the recovery time is less which makes it possible for you to get back to your normal regime. Being a minimally invasive technique the procedure is gaining a lot of attention to help you get back to your normal regime.
Do you suspect anything wrong with your brain and spine health?
Make sure to consult one of the best spine doctor in Ludhiana to manage your well-being in the most ideal way possible. The doctor will give you necessary suggestions to manage your conditon.
Aneurysm Coiling: What happens during the procedure?
To undergo an aneurysm coiling the doctor gives necessary instructions. As you visit the hospital the team will begin preparing for the procedure and it takes around 2 to 4 hours. The procedure happens under general anesthesia to help you stay comfortable. So, here’s what happens next:
- The doctor treats the catheter in the groin area which has a coil attached to it. The doctor place coil permanently and seal it. The total number of coils used depends upon the aneurysm size.
- If there’s a wide opening or unusual shape, then the doctor may use a stent to keep the coil in its place. The doctor injected contrast to ensure coil functioning is prompt.
- After checking the coils, the doctors safely remove the catheter. The groin area is under pressure for around 30 minutes without resulting in any bleeding.
- You will be shifted to the recovery room to observe and monitor you. You need to lie down straight after the surgery. Discharge is possible within one or 2 days, as per your health.
How is it to recover from aneurysm coiling?
When you are discharged from the hospital after aneurysm coiling or any other type of Head Injury the doctor will give you the necessary instructions. Following surgery, you may have a mild headache that occurs because of the contrast dye used for the surgery. Make sure to drink enough water to help flush out everything from the body. Additionally, you should put a hold on any kind of strenuous activity for 7 to 10 days.
Do you have any head injuries?
It’s better that you don’t ignore it. At Neuro Life Brain and Spine Doctor the Head Injury Doctors in Punjab will give you detailed information as to what needs to be done and what type of treatment will be appropriate for your condition.